Saturday, October 14, 2006

A second thought about the assingment

After I looked at the Brooke's blog, I had a second thought about my culmination assignment. When I looked at four options, I actually did not understand a web-based presence (I have never heard this term before. Can anyone explain me more about this? Help me! ). I guess that it is to to create the website for educational purpose.

I took Digital Photography and Literacy & Technology courses before and I worked on developing some Internet-based activities, using Webquests or something. (After finishing this course, I might be able to get an ed tech certificate.) So it would be better to try a new task although it could be challenging.

I have never created a web site before so I don't know anything about a web software. Would it be too difficult to create one if I do not have any previous knowledge on this? I cannot decide if I would go for this assignment until my understanding about this assignment is clearer.

3 comments:

Crystal Crozier said...

IK,

I agree with the above poster. I think you should go for the web site. Even with little or no knowledge on creating web sites, they can be created rather easily. Many of the sites that offer free web sites also have tutorials.

I have created a web page before, but it was just a personal one, and I'm afraid it was never finished, and it wasn't the greatest thing in the world. I am going to create a web site for my class, and I hope I can make it meaningful and useful for my students.

As for the term "web-based presence", it just means that you have a place or vicinity on the web where you share information. I hope that helps.

Good luck.

IK said...

Thank both of you so much for your comments! Crystal, I really appreciate for your explanation about the term. Now I think that I can go for the new task! Right, it is much better to learn something new. :)

Joshua O said...

Inkyung,

In our Instructional Computing II class I used Frontpage (a MSFT product I believe) to build my first web presence. We were assigned to develop a web based educational activity and publish it to our websites.

It took a little while to learn how to put all of the finishing touches on to make the pages look nice but Frontpage made it easy. I had a little trouble publishing the finished product but Dr. Ferdig was a big help. Dr. Dawson can probably be a very helpful resource as your web presences progresses. I'll help too but you'll probably surpass my web development skills before too long!

Josh