Thursday, November 16, 2006

IK's final thoughts in the final week

I really enjoyed this class, exploring new technologies that I did not know before and their potentials in the classroom. They are helpful not only for my professional development but also for my personal use.

Thanks to bloglines.com, I do not need to spend time visiting all the different news sites or blogs. Recently I added some more interesting blogs and podcasts, and will keep adding. At the same time, unsubscription would be done if the blogs or news do not attract my attention any more.
Delicious is really awesome. I can access to my favorites anytime and anywhere. It is great to share the useful web resources that other classmates added under the UFET tag. Also, it helped me to organize a great amount of web resources that were too much to store in my local favorites.
The most exciting thing is that I could create the web site by myself, which was daunting at first. I hesitated to decide to do a web presence as a culminating assignment because I worried if I could learn how to use an web editor. But, yes, I did! Although it is a small and simple site, I believe that it is a good start to make it grow over time.
As a learner, blogging was helpful to summarize my learning and look back what I did. I am thinking to keep blogging not just about technology but also about my learning or thoughts in the U.S.
Wiki is also a good experience to know. At first, wiki scared me, but after contributing our class wiki, I could figure out how it really works.

These technologies would be out of date someday. When I really work in the real classroom after graduating next Spring, new technology might be introducing in the classroom. How can I be updated in a pace technology develops?
I am thinking to explore some podcasts related to technology to subscribe in my bloglines so that I might be able to catch up with it. Please let me know if you have a good podcasting site about it or any other resources.

Finally, it was a great experience to learn not only from the instructor, Dr. Dawson, but also from the classmates, devoted teachers who are willing to train themselves for their students despite of a heavy schedule.

1 comment:

Crystal Crozier said...

IK,

I always look forward to reading posts from you. Your zest for learning astounds me.

I do find myself asking how I will be able to keep up with the fast paced changes of technology. It seems there is already so much available, but without a doubt, there is only more to follow. I am sure that you and I will be able to handle it....after all, we finally got wikis. LOL.